Pelvic floor exercises are the exercises to target men’s penile weakness. These pelvic floor exercise for men are the best way to deal with sexual issues like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, erection quality, low arousal, and similar problems. But here is the catch. You won’t earn the pelvic floor exercise benefits in one week or one month. It can take more than that and you will have to act consistently with patience. These exercises need additional cares which are mentioned after the exercises. So make sure to go through them as well. In any case, any query/ doubt/ question regarding how to strengthen pelvic floor male comes to your mind along the way, feel free to ask by simply commenting below.
In this blog post, you will learn how to do pelvic floor exercises for men to strengthen the penis muscle.
Major Pelvic Floor Exercises for Men to Strengthen Penis :-
The most common Pelvic floor muscle exercise is known as Kegels. Kegel exercises are the set of contractions and relaxations done to the PC muscle. Now, what is the PC muscle? The PC muscle is a vein that supports bladder and urethra and has a direct connection with penis holding and erection capacity. So, it is the main source point to stimulate penis muscles and to increase blood circulation. The regular contraction to PC muscle helps energize the penis muscles, increases holding capacity, removes erection issues, and the men to last longer in bed and better sexual confidence.
So, how to find the PC muscle?
It’s simple. It can be easily located during urination. If you try to hold your urine, you will find that you are focusing at one particular point which is somewhere in the lower abdomen, just behind your penis and testicles. This is your muscle. It can be touched from the place between your testicles and anus.
PC muscle Contraction : PC muscle contraction is pressing the PC muscle gently with the tips of fingers. The duration for which PC muscle is contracted, is called contraction duration.
PC Muscle Relaxation : When you slowly release the contraction of muscle, it is called the relaxation process.
Calculate these points during the first contraction of PC muscle.
☛ How long could you hold your contraction?
It is the time limit for which you could easily hold your PC muscle without pain or issue.
☛ How many times could you repeat the contraction?
In the flow of contraction and relaxation divided into equal durations (like 3 seconds contraction, 3 seconds relaxation…), how many steps did you make easily?
☛ Count the number of steps in the first attempt?
Count the total number of sets (contraction-relaxation) done in the first go. If it is less than 10 then aim to make it 10 in the first week. This way you would go for your Kegel program.
After observing the data of these three questions, you would be able to know your basic ability at current moment and also would be able to set goal for future prospects. You would be able to plan how much you can increase in a month.
But you didn’t tell How to do Kegels ?
Here it is. Doing Kegels is easy. You just need your focus, positive peace of mind, time and a good private place. Start contracting the PC muscle using the tip of two fingers. You can do it in 2 ways.
∎ Quick Contractions
∎ Timed Contractions
Quick Contraction : is done by contracting and relaxing the PC muscle frequently for a few minutes.
Timed Contraction : is done by contracting the PC muscle for 2-3 seconds, then relaxing for 2-3 seconds. The gap between the two steps should be equal in this procedure.
How long to do Kegels?
Kegels can be done whole life. It is just like any other body exercise. If you keep doing it, you will keep gaining benefits from it.
It is suggested to start Kegels with your basic capabilities. Do not push yourself for results. Gradually increase the number of sets and duration.
These are the things to remember for the successful execution of Kegels to gain results:-
- Reduce your weight
- Maintain your Kegel exercise routine
- Treat constipation early
- Take enough liquids
- Avoid some heavy weight exercises that have direct impact on stomach
- Empty bladder at regular intervals
Walking is very powerful pelvic floor muscle exercise for male and female alike if you do it regularly. It counts every aspect of body. The daily walking not only tones and strengthens your leg and body muscles but also boosts endurance of pelvic floor muscles. Walk daily, at least for 2 kilometers and see the difference yourself.
Road Cycling :-
If you dislike the idea of walking, start cycling. Cycling is also extremely beneficial to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Cycling boosts the blood circulation many folds, tones the thighs and lower abdomen muscles and increases control on the penis holding capacity.
Though men usually don’t do dancing, it is a good thought to increase pelvic muscles endurance. Dancing engages whole body muscles, relieving from tension and contraction, increases blood circulation and due to advanced use of legs, targets the abdomen pelvic muscles.
Bridge with Hip Rotations :-
This is the pelvic floor exercise that directly works on your pelvic floor muscles. Lie down straight on the floor and bend the knees as shown in the image. Then lift your whole body upwards except the shoulders area. Stay in this position while contracting the PC muscle with the help of lower abdomen muscles. Do this for 5-10 seconds and rest. Repeat it 3 times.
Side Clam Shell :-
Do this pose as shown in the image. Lie on side on the straight floor then hold your breath inside and lift the leg. Hold in the same position for 5-8 seconds in one go. Release the breath as you bring the leg down. Do the same on the other side. Do 2 sets.
Squat is a powerful exercise, to increase body endurance, reduce belly fat and strengthen pelvic floor & leg muscles. Do this with light weight in the beginning. Do 2 sets of 10-8 repeats.
Don’t think it similar to pushups. Pushups require engagement of other muscles and distract the focus from pelvic floor muscles. While doing plank, you can easily focus on the contraction of pelvic floor muscles which gives fruitful results in long run. Make sure to keep your head to toe in one line and hold the breath.
Swimming is the activity for whole body wellness. If you swim 3 times a week, it will immensely boost your stamina, endurance, will power and control. Due to constant strenuous use of hand and leg muscles, swimming gifts you quality control on your penile area.
Now it is a bit distinct practice for daily purpose in metro cities, but still if you get the chance to do rowing, don’t let go unused. Rowing is extremely beneficial for hand, chest, and abdomen muscles. It takes huge energy and stamina and gives it back multifold.
Just like other high skill aerobic activities, hiking also benefits the person with astounding body control and endurance. Before starting hiking, one has to go through a layer of practices. The hiking requires constant use of abdomen muscles and leg muscles.
Low-impact Aerobics :-
There are various low impact aerobic exercises which you can rope-in to your working regimen. These exercises will ensure better muscles flexibility and control, thrusting more blood into penile area for better penis erection and stability.
Gym Equipment :-
Some gym equipment like elliptical and stationary bike are so beneficial for body movement and toning that you should never miss them during your gym session. It may come as less manly activities but these movements help for better body stretch and energy allotment.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises Yoga :-
Yoga has evolved as the one solution for various sexual/ general health and mental health issues. If you incorporate yoga in your pelvic floor muscles exercises regime, you would surely be able to take your capabilities to a higher level. These are some of the main yoga asanas for pelvic floor muscles.
- Utkatasana :– This asana can be done taking support of a wall (if you are a beginner). While doing the asana, try to focus on your lower abdomen muscles but don’t push it unnecessarily. Do the asana for one or two minutes. If you can’t hold for so long then start with minimum and gradually increase the duration.
- Utkata Konasana :– Similar to Utkatasana, this is the upgraded version of the same. This asana is done by spreading the legs in opposite directions and the contraction focus is made in the lower abdomen.
- Virabhadrasana :– The warrior pose or virabhadrasana is extremely helpful in increasing your body strength and pelvic floor capacity. The asana works to boost the endurance and control of body.
- Salabhasana :– Salabhasana is a very good asana to correct your body posture and to bring self dependability in nerves. The asana is done by lifting the side lines of body and holding it for, say 30-45 seconds. The asana strengthens the basic frame including penile organ muscles.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana :– This asana reflects resemblance to bridge with hip rotations exercise but is quite different in its approach. In this asana, you will have to draw and hold your breath inwards while giving support from your hands and staying in the same lifted position. The benefits come in the form of better nervous system and better pelvic floor muscles.
- Malasana :– This pose is a bit funny but is quite beneficial when it comes to penile health. Malasana directly engages lower abdomen and pelvic floor muscles. The main attention while doing this asana should be given to hips lowering and chest straightening but don’t overstretch.
- Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana :– The better you do it, the stronger would be your pelvic muscles. This pose requires some practice and technique to do perfectly but pays for a longer time.
- Supta Baddha Konasana :– This asana works on the stretching of the abdomen and pelvic area muscles. If your body does not stretch as shown in pose, don’t perforce it. Stretch your legs gently as you progress.
These are the eight most suitable pelvic floor muscle exercises in yoga form. Try them with calm mind and right attitude to earn the expected.
What else you should know ?
- Eat healthy, eat home-made food. It contains everything that your body needs.
- If you are a non-veg, eat chicken at least twice a week.
- If you are a smoker then take it more no more. LOL. Stop it immediately brother.
- Drink good amount of water. 7-8 glasses in a day is considered “good”.
- Don’t feed your fantasies on porn or explicit content.
- Don’t worry for your sexual issues. They will go away as your efforts advance.
- You can opt for this natural supplement Extream X capsule for better healing and recovery from issues.
- Don’t forget your exercises. Try as many as you can from the above list.
- Meditation helps in controlling mind thoughts and processes better. Have you ever tried?