Maintaining a good health is primary for leading a perfect life free from worries. Being healthy and fit is not only necessary to carry out daily chores but also to stay happy and jolly. But, a healthy lifestyle is out of trend nowadays. Everybody has now adopted a lifestyle that is more on the unhealthier side. Busy and ruthless life has made it strenuous for everyone to follow a healthy lifestyle. Irregular sleep schedules, prolonged working hours, increased preference for unhealthy and junk food, smoking and drinking are some of the most common factors that account to an unhealthy lifestyle and makes you unhealthy and unfit. When it comes to men, they are the ones that are careless and ignorant regarding their health. All they want is someone that would look after them, someone who would take care of them on their behalf. In their childhood men are dependent on their mothers and after they get married the task of looking after them shifts to their wives. Men are careless when it comes to their health and pay much less attention to their health as compared to what women do. Men are proved to be more prone to:
➤ Making risky choices that results in their own harm
➤ Drinking alcohol and smoking ruthlessly
➤ Do not show up for regular routine check-ups
Men generally develop diseases that can affect anyone like stroke diabetes, heart diseases, depression, and cancer. They also suffer from issues such as prostate cancer and benign prostate enlargement. Physical health can be maintained by regular exercising, quitting smoking, a healthy diet, preventing stress and drinking alcohol in a moderate range.
Sex is an important aspect of life. Sexual health is a state of well-being that lets a man fully enjoy and participate in the sexual activity. Sexual health includes libido (sexual desire) and the ability to sustain and get erection. A variety of interpersonal, psychological, physical and social factors are responsible for men’s sexual health.
Be it physical health or sexual health nobody can take care of you, the way you yourself can. It is very necessary for you to focus on healthier lifestyle and avoid the unhealthy way of living.
Reasons for ignorance in men regarding their health needs:-
- Men normally ignore their health issues until they become noticeable to others (family members and friends). Even after making them notice the concern, some men requires prodding for examining themselves by a doctor.
- Men generally do not prioritize the setting of their health conditions or setting of prevention of health problems, in their daily life.
- Giving low priority to health is complex and include the following rationalizations-
- “I am too busy and had to earn living for the family…..”
- “When I used to have problems earlier, I keep on working and they used to vanish away….”
- “So far, I have been doing quite well….”
- “I have been doing this thing for years now, why do I need to change…”
Staying healthy makes you feel young and that’s something everyone wishes for. Follow these do’s and don’ts to lead a healthier life:-
- Men should have a control over their anger so that there is no space for the production of negative hormone.
- Regular exercise and meditation should be done so that you remain fit and healthy. Meditation is very helpful in fighting stress and exhaustion that everyday workloads and personal matters exert. This also helps in the production of positive hormone and thus preventing many diseases that may accompany otherwise.
- Do not skip meals and take regular meals. Taking regular meals keeps a check on your weight and prevents diseases like diabetes.
- Get your prostate checked regularly after the age of 55 as the prostate is the second most common cancer that is found in men.
- Have plenty of liquids, especially water to excrete the toxins out from the body.
- Men should have a sense of gratitude that is very necessary for him to be called gentleman.
- Have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as they are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins for keeping body healthy and fit.
- Take a walk daily and recall on the things that you hear and see at least many times every week to improve the powers of your observation.
- To avoid living by a habit and to improve your adaptive skills, try something new. Try out new food items, go to a museum display and try adopting new route to your work.
- Spare some time and make it leisure and do things that are of your interest, every week. Learn to say a “no” to the things that are not of your interest. Make compromises occasionally on the things that are not of vital importance as it will result in better and more compatible relationships with other peoples.
- Focus on high fiber diet as they prevent constipation, colon cancer and diabetes.
- Take regular break from work as it is very important to live a life that is free from tensions and wherein it’s your “me time” so that you feel enthusiastic and vigor is not lost.
- Everyday sound sleep of at least 7 hours is necessary so that your body can repair all the wear and tear that it has undergone during the day.
- Maintain your weight as controlling weight is very essential to prevent diseases like hypertension, diabetes and joint problems.
- Clean your penis every time you retract your skin as cleanliness is the first pillar of healthier life.
- Do testicular self-examination regularly after you have attained adolescence and when you notice any abnormality consult your doctor ASAP.
- Visit your doctor for regular checkups after the age of 35 so that if there is any chance of serious disease, it can be detected at an early stage and can be treated properly.
- Pursue new hobbies and try to learn new things. This new experience keeps the brain healthy and prevents any possibility of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Never look down upon yourself even though many people do. Just enjoy being you and do something for you each day because you deserve it.
- Quit smoking as it is very hazardous not only for physical health but also for your sexual health. Smoking gives rise to many different types of cancers and hypertension. It is also an agent for erectile dysfunction which is a dysfunction in which men cannot get and maintain erections.
- Avoid binge drinking as it can lead to the damage of liver and pancreas, diabetes and obesity.
- Do not take heavy meals in summers, especially during extreme hot days.
- Performance anxiety and unrealistic sexual experience leads to erectile dysfunction. Watching porn has now raised the levels of the unrealistic sexual desires which give birth to performance anxiety.
- Discuss with your doctor and bust the myths related to the masturbation and night time ejaculation.
- Do not indulge in multiple sexual partners.
- Give no space to negative thinking as negative thought just ruins the mental stability and are of no use at all.
- Added sugars found in packaged juices, cold drinks and many other food items are mainly responsible for obesity and diabetes.
- Avoid unprotected sex as unprotected sex has the highest risk of developing sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS.
- Oily and junk foods make you more prone to cardiac problems, hypercholestremia and obesity.
- Do not even think about illegal drugs as they are hazardous for mind and body.
- Avoid self medication as it can lead to kidney and liver damage and antibiotic resistance.
- Avoid packaged, wrapped and antibiotic resistance.
- Excessive caffeine consumption increases the incidence of stones formation.
- Do not eat excess of salt in your food as this makes you more prone to high blood pressure and kidney stones.
- Cycling three hours a week increases the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Do not stress out. Stress not only causes mental imbalance but also wreaks havoc on your skin.
- Do not take large meals before going to bed in order to avoid gastro esophageal reflux and unwanted gain in weight.
- Control your portion sizes. Do not go for larger portions and try to eat the much smaller portion enough to satisfy your hunger and then gradually stop eating.